Crater Lake Institute
 

 Home | Site Map | About Us | Donate/Join Us | Contact Us | CLI Store | Press Room

 
 
 You are here: Home > Cultural History > Smith Brothers Chronology > 1905
   

Smith Brothers' Chronological History of Crater Lake National Park

 

   

<< 1904   1905   1906 >>


August 19


A barely passable road to the Rim from Anna Springs is completed, following the route of present day Raven Ski Trail. 

Summer


The name, Mt. McLoughlin adopted by a resolution of the Oregon Legislature, also by the Oregon Geographic Board, and by the United States Geographic Board. The mountain was once named Mt. Jackson by the British, and the locals knew it both as Snowy Butte and as Mt. Pitt.

Construction begins on a new park office and superintendent dwelling at Anna Springs. Superintendent Arant has lived in a tent for three summers.

Chauncey Nye’s son is employed as a park ranger. Chauncey’s grandson, Waldo Nye, eventually married William Arant’s grand-daughter.

Summer


Medford garage owner, Bill Hudson, claims to be the first to reach the Rim in his Buick passenger car.

September


Suggestion is made that Annie Creek, because of its “large size”, be renamed Crater River.

Season Visitation: 1,400 est.




 

 Site Navigation

  Arts

  Crater Lake News

  Cultural History

     Events

     People

     Smith Brothers

        About the Chronology

        Dedication/Sources

        Browse by Year

        Browse by Subject

     Structures

  Natural History

  Online Library

  Planning a Visit

  Research

Current Conditions at Crater Lake National Park

(Image by Grovin Thewer)

 

Crater Lake Rim Webcam