Historic Resource Study, Crater Lake National Park, Oregon, 1984
X. Construction of Government Buildings and Landscaping in Crater Lake National Park
K. Important Additions to Headquarters Complex in 1932
5. Final Field Activity in 1932
It was also planned in 1932 to erect a log cabin ranger station similar to the one at Annie Spring on the site of the cabin at Lost Creek, 3.2 miles west of the east park entrance at the junction of the Kerr Notch-park headquarters roads. This cabin was an old light-frame building constructed as a temporary mess house for road construction crews and later used as a checking station. The new building would house two rangers for checking duty, protection, and fire patrol in that section of the park. 
Final 1932 field activities relating to building construction included:
a) Employee’s Quarters (Naturalist’s Residence): in the residential area at Government Camp, of stone with rustic superstructure with a shake roof. Completed spring of 1933.
b) Oil House at Government Camp: in utility area at headquarters. Native stone building with rustic superstructure and shake roof, and floor and walls of concrete. This and the machine shop building below shared design features of other structures at headquarters. It was equipped with a power gasoline pump and three water connections.
c) Superintendent’s Residence: measuring 61 x 33 feet, located at upper end of residential area at headquarters. Stone with rustic superstructure and shake roof. Completed in spring of 1933.
d) Machine Shop and Utility Shed at Government Camp: located in utility area at headquarters. Native stone building 30 x 60 feet with rustic superstructure and shake roof. First floor to be used as machine shop, second and third floors as bunkhouse. The second floor had showers and toilets. Converted to firehall in 1950s. The second floor later became an employee community club.
e) Ranger Dormitory (Club House): in headquarters area, stone with rustic superstructure and shake roof. Completed in 1934.