Copyright, Disclaimer, and Conditions of Use
This is taken from the Crater Lake Digital Resource Collections at Oregon Tech’s online library. To use any of the documents for commercial purposes you must first obtain copyright clearance.
Certain materials included in the Crater Lake Digital Research Collection are protected under copyright laws. These materials have been made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, but may not be used for any commercial purpose. The Crater Lake Digital Research Collection project has sought permission from authors of materials not in the public domain to scan and mount their materials for research and educational purposes only. Some materials in the collection may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
The Crater Lake Digital Research Collection provides copyright information as a service to the general public in determining the proper use of an item. However, users are ultimately responsible for determining copyright restrictions, for obtaining written permission, and for paying any fees necessary for the reproduction or proposed use of the materials. The Crater Lake Digital Research Collection will not be held responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages arising out of or relating to the use of the information and materials linked to or found on this website.
By their use of these materials, users agree to the following conditions of use:
- The materials available on this Web site are for research use only. These materials may not be used for any commercial purpose without permission of the Crater Lake Digital Research Collection and in the case of materials not in the public domain, permission from the original author and publisher is also required.
- Publication in any form, including electronic, requires written permission from the author and publisher of any materials that are not in the public domain.
- For purposes of private study, scholarship, and research, users may reproduce (print out, photocopy or download) materials from this Web site without prior permission. If you are citing materials, please give proper attribution of the source.
- Reproductions of materials on this Web site may not be made for or donated to other repositories, nor may they be further reproduced without written permission from the Crater Lake Digital Research Collection, and in the case of materials not in the public domain, also from the publishers and authors of the materials.
- Users are not permitted to download Crater Lake Digital Research Collection documents in order to mount them on their own servers for public use or for use by a set of subscribers. The Crater Lake Digital Research Collection, with the help of an LSTA grant, has invested a great deal of time, money, and effort into scanning, quality control, and metadata creation for these electronic editions. Individuals and institutions can, of course, make a link to the Crater Lake Digital Research Collection materials subject to our conditions of use.
United States Copyright Law
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Oregon Institute of Technology Library. However, neither the Oregon Institute of Technology Library, nor the Oregon Institute of Technology make any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information and are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for results obtained from the use of the information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.
How to Cite Materials from the Crater Lake Digital Research Collection
For more information on citing resources, see Citing Sources from the OIT Library