Crater Lake Entrance Closed
October 25, 1970
Medford (AP) – Visitors to Crater Lake National Park can enter only through the south entrance, park officials said Friday.
The north entrance was closed Thursday, officials said, because of heavy snowdrifts. There is some 21 inches of snow on the ground, they said.
The last of the campgrounds have also been closed.
Related News Stories
- Crater Lake northern entrance opens today – May 24, 2007
- Crater Lake road ready for drivers Wednesday – June 15, 2004
- It’s plow it out, lit snow, plow it out at Crater Lake – February 19, 2004
- Rim Drive closes at Crater Lake – November 07, 2003
- East Rim at Crater closes for the winter – November 04, 2003
- At Crater Lake even ordinary years are pretty sensational – July 07, 2003